If you’re considering undergoing a hair transplant process, it may bring you more comfort knowing others who have also done the same - especially when they are a celebrity you admire.
Celebrities are just like us, they experience “imperfections” like acne and stretch marks, and they also experience hair loss and thinning.
It can be upsetting for anyone to realize that they are experiencing hair loss. We at Revela know all too well the struggle of trying products and remedies alike all claiming to fix the issue but to no avail. We understand that hair loss and thinning is something that can affect self-confidence. But rest assured there are numerous different ways you can take to achieve healthier, fuller-looking hair.
When celebrities are open with the struggles they face, we can all feel more comfort knowing we are not alone. Let’s learn more about female celebrities who have had hair transplants.
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplantation is a surgical process in which hair follicles are removed from one site of the body to another balding part. The donor site is where the hair follicles are being removed from and the recipient site is the area that receives the hair follicles. There are 2 types of transplant procedures:
- Slit grafts: Slit grafts contain 4 to 10 hairs per graft.
- Micrografts: Micrograft procedures contain 1 to 2 hairs per graft.
In the donor site, grafts that contain hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding are transplanted to the balding recipient area of the scalp.
Hair transplants are minimally invasive and have been stated to be not as painful as they may seem, many people who have had hair transplants heal fairly painlessly. You should be able to see results from a hair transplant within a few months. The process is intended to last a lifetime, and while many are successful, some people are not as suited to successfully receive them as others.
Female Celebrities with Hair Transplants
These female celebrities have been open about their struggle with hair loss and thinning:
- Tyra Banks
- America’s Next Top Model host and Supermodel Tyra Banks has admitted to suffering from alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is often caused due to stress and results in spot balding.
- Keira Knightley
- Acclaimed actress Keira Knightley has stated she experienced hair loss from color treating her hair so often. Due to constantly filming and taking on new roles, she would have to dye her hair frequently. This led to her hair eventually falling out.
- Naomi Campbell
- Supermodel and mogul Naomi Campbell has been open about her troubles in dealing with traction alopecia, as well as dawning braids and extensions for many years. Unfortunately, pictures involving her thinning scalp because of alopecia were taken and this led to online discussion and gossip. This unwanted attention to a personal matter affected her mental health and led to stress.
- We would like to note the idea that commenting on the appearance of one’s body when pertaining to medical issues is never in good fashion, be kind to those around you.
Self-Image and Hair Transplants
The stigma around men losing their hair due to balding pales in comparison to women losing hair. In reality, it is completely normal for a woman to lose her hair, as they face many monumental hormonal shifts in life such as pregnancy and menopause. Battling hair loss can be an intimate and personal battle, but know that you are not alone. Knowing that celebrities - who are given standards to embody perfection - also face the experience of losing hair can be less stigmatizing. A hair transplant process is your own personal decision. Just know that whether or not your head of hair is volumized at all times, you are still beautiful, just like the stars that also undergo hair transplants.
Revela is Here For You
If you are struggling with female hair loss, Revela is here to help you find healthier, fuller-looking hair.
Revela’s signature Hair Revival Serum was designed especially for women experiencing hair loss. Our cruelty, hormone, and toxin-free formula works to penetrate the scalp and hair follicle for visible results! Our breakthrough ingredients, like ProCelinyl, can help you win the fight against hair loss.If you’re interested in learning more about other ways to promote a healthy head of hair, take a look at some of our other blog posts.