You might recall how common thin brows were in the 1990s (and even the first few years of the 2000s), and how many people overplucked to get them. Following this long period of thin brows, many people are now attempting to get their bushy brows back . As luscious, thick eyebrows have regained popularity in recent years, people have likewise begu n searching for methods to get achieve them.
Because of this, many people claim that Vaseline helps eyebrow growth for them. So maybe you’re someone who over- plucked their eyebrows in high school, or maybe you’re just curious about getting thicker brows in general. Either way, continue reading to find out: Does Vaseline really help with eyebrow growth?
What Is Vaseline?
Vaseline is a well-known brand of petroleum jelly. Vaseline is made of a mixture of mineral oils and waxes that forms a semisolid jelly-like substance. It’s commonly used as a moisturizer, but it can also be used to treat wounds, relieve chapped lips, and prevent diaper rash. Vaseline is made of
The History of Vaseline
Vaseline was discovered in the 1860s by Robert Augustus Chesebrough, a chemist from New York after noticing that oil workers would use a dark, thick gooey jelly to heal their wounds and burns. He purified the substance and was left with a light colored product that he eventually branded this product as Vaseline . By 1875, it was a household name in America and by the 1960’s Vaseline scientists came to the conclusion that they could utilize modern technology to deliver moisturization more effectively as a lotion.
Can Vaseline Help Eyebrow Growth?
Alas, Vaseline isn't a magical elixir that will make your brows look as full as Lily Collins or Cara Delevingne . Nevertheless, there are several other benefits to using Vaseline on your brows. Just make sure the Vaseline you’re using on your skin or eyebrows is fragrance-free, as the fragrance-containing products can irritate the skin.
Benefits of Using Vaseline on Eyebrows
- Eyebrow moisturization: The main benefit of using Vaseline is that it's incredibly moisturizing on your lips or dry patches on your skin especially when worn as a mask. Some may even use them for slugging, a recent TikTok skincare trend.
- Eyebrow smoothing: By applying Vaseline onto and over your brows, it can give them a fuller appearance and help them stay in place like brow mascara does. It can also benefit the skin beneath by relieving dryness and redness.
- Eyebrow shine: While vaseline may not directly help with growth, applying it can help increase the appearance of volume by incresaing the shine.
Potential Downsides of Vaseline for Eyebrows
Even though Vaseline is generally thought to be safe, there are a few potential side effects to be aware of:
- Petroleum allergies. Vaseline is hypoallergenic and non irritating, so while it's unlikely to trigger an allergic reaction, there have been a few cases of reported allergies to white petroleum via contact dermatitis.
- Vaseline can clog pores. The thickness and greasiness of petroleum jelly can clog pores and may result in acne breakout. There are some cases where it results in millia seeds to appear near your eyes which can be quite tough to remove.
- Product contamination. Vaseline has a long shelf life, but can become contaminated with bacteria over multiple uses if not properly handled. This can happen if it repeatedly comes in contact with unclean hands.
So, Does Vaseline Help Brow Growth?
From what research is out there, Vaseline might not be the best option for growing your eyebrows. There is not much, if any, scientific evidence that Vaseline can help eyebrow growth. However, while it may not directly lead to growth, it does give the appearance of thicker brows due to its texture, which sticks the hairs together to create the appearance of thicker brows. Vaseline on eyebrows acts as a conditioner to maintain the health of the hair, giving the illusion that hair is growing when, in reality, it is just your natural eyebrow hairs and eyelashes getting healthier on their own.
When it comes to our beauty routines, we want to incorporate eyebrow serums that have been scientifically proven and are trusted by medical professionals. Revela’s Brow Serum takes volumizing to the next level and you can say “Bye bye, thin brows!”
Enhance your natural brows, and achieve thicker, fuller brows in 6-8 weeks with our brow serum. This lightweight, fast-absorbing gel formula tackles sparse brow areas, adding volume like you’ve never experienced before. Formulated using ProCelinyl™, the same breakthrough ingredient that makes our best-selling Hair Revival Serum so effective, this product is guaranteed to achieve thicker, fuller brows in 90 days or less.